Albendazole, marketed as Albenza among others, is medication used for the treatment of a variety of parasitic worm infestations. It works by killing sensitive parasites.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, eye problems (eg, retinal lesions), bone marrow problems, low white blood cell counts, or low platelet counts.
Most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- stomach pain;
Some brand name of Albendazole in Bangladesh
- ALPHIN-DS (Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- ALMEX (Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- ALBA (Navana Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- ALBEN-DS (Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd.)
- ALDABEN (Ad-Din Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)