Atenolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
- Atenolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.
- Take atenolol exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Do not stop taking atenolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
- If you need to have any type of surgery, you may need to temporarily stop using atenolol. Be sure the surgeon knows ahead of time that you are using atenolol.
- Atenolol can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol, which could increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking atenolol.
- Atenolol comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once or twice a day. To help you remember to take atenolol, take it around the same time(s) every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take atenolol exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Some Brand names of Atenolol in Bangladesh
- CARDIPRO [Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- BETASEC [Opsonin Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- LONET [Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- ANETOL [Ambee Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- BETANOL [Sanofi-aventis Bangladesh Ltd.]
- ETNOL [BIOPHARMA Laboratories Limited]
- TENOCARD [Aristopharma Ltd.]
- TENOREN [ACI LTD.]
- LOPRES [Orion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- NORMATEN [Navana Pharmaceuticals]