Atorvastatin is used primarily as a lipid-lowering agent and for prevention of events associated with cardiovascular disease.
Atorvastatin is used to treat high cholesterol, and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, or other risk factors.
You should not take atorvastatin if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or if you have liver disease.
Common atorvastatin side effects may include:
- muscle or joint pain;
- diarrhea; or
- upset stomach.
Some Brand names of Atorvastatin in Bangladesh:
- ANZITOR (Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- ATASIN (ACI Limited)
- ATOVA (Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- LIPEX-10 (Orion Laboratories Ltd.)
- LIPICON (Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd.)
- LIPLO-10 (Globe Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- TAVEN (Renata Ltd.)
- TIGINOR (Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- XEROVA (Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)