Fexofenadine is an antihistamine pharmaceutical drug used in the treatment of allergy symptoms, such as hay fever, nasal congestion, and urticaria. Therapeutically, fexofenadine is a selective peripheral H1-blocker.
Before taking fexofenadine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to fexofenadine, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in fexofenadine tablets or suspension. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention either of the following: erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Erythrocin) and ketoconazole (Nizoral). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- if you are taking an antacid containing aluminum or magnesium (Maalox, Mylanta, others), take the antacid a few hours before or after fexofenadine.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking fexofenadine, call your doctor.
Some Brand Names of Fexofenadine in Bangladesh
- AXODIN [Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- FENADIN [Renata Limited]
- FENOFEX [Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]
- FEXO [Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.]