Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.
Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not give guaifenesin to a child younger than 4 years old. Always ask a doctor before giving a cough or cold medicine to a child.
Some brand names of guaifenesin combination drugs in Bangladesh:
- ABEX (IBN SINA Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd.)
- ACTIFED (GlaxoSmithKline Bangladesh Ltd.)
- AQUAPHEN (Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- CODEX (Ambee Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- COFDIL (Central Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- EXPOTEN (Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd.)
- BRUNEX (Rephco Laboratories LTD.)
- COFNIL (General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- TOPEX (Renata Pharmaceuticals)
- TUSCA (Square Pharmaceuticals )