Naproxen is a synthetic compound used as an anti-inflammatory drug, especially in the treatment of headache and arthritis.
You should not use naproxen if you have a history of allergic reaction to aspirin or other NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug).
Naproxen may increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term or have heart disease.
Naproxen may also cause stomach or intestinal bleeding, which can be fatal.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist if it is safe for you to take this medicine if you have:
- a history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot;
- heart disease, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure;
- a history of stomach ulcers or bleeding;
- liver or kidney disease;
- polyps in your nose;
- a bleeding or blood clotting disorder; or
- if you smoke.
Some brand name of naproxen in Bangladesh:
- NAPROX (Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd.)
- NUPRAFEN (Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- RELEVE (General Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- NAXIN (Opsonin Pharma Limited)