Permethrin cream is a scabicide. It works by killing the scabies mite (Sarcoptes scabiei.
Some medical conditions may interact with permethrin cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
Use permethrin cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Permethrin cream is for external use only. Do not use it near the eyes or allow it to come into contact with the inside of the nose, mouth, or genitals. Irritation may occur if permethrin cream comes into contact with these areas. If permethrin cream gets in your eyes, flush with water immediately.
Permethrin cream should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 months old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
Some brand names of permethrin cream in Bangladesh:
- AROTRIX (Cream) Aristopharma Ltd.
- DELICE (Cream) Amico Laboratories Ltd.
- DEORIX (Cream) Popular Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- DERMANIX (Cream) Novo Healthcare and Pharma Ltd.
- ELIMATE (Cream) Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.